Храм Христа Спасителя
The foundation stone for this mighty cathedral was layed by the Russian president Boris Yeltsin in the year 1996. It is the largest church in the Kaliningrad Region. Cathedral of Christ the Saviour was inaugurated September 10 2006 by president Vladimir Putin and the patriarch of the Russian orthodox church, Alexei II.
The white church with it's golden domes reaches 73 metres and shines over the city. The architecture is visibly inspired by historical churches in Russian cities like Suzdal and Vladimir, the style has byzantine influence in a modern way. The chosen spot for the cathedral was in the German time grounds for a part of the German East Fair, Deutsche Ostmesse Königsberg.
ADDRESS BEFORE 1946
Adolf Hitler Platz
Bus and tram stop: Coming soon