Литовский Вал (Litauer Wallstraße)
Throughout Kaliningrad a large part of the city fortresses and defence system from the German Königsberg time has been preserved. One of the best places for a view of the facilities is in the Litovskij Val Street, which means Lithuanian Wall Street. The section between Frunze Street (ул. Фрунзе) and Marshala Vasilevskaya Square (Площадь Маршала Василевского) is in particular worth walking.
Starting from south walking north along the street the defence wall is at the right hand side. The largest building is No 38 which is the Crown Prince Barracks (Кронпринц) from 1843-1849. In the years 1933-1945 is was a police school, and nowadays is it again used for educational purposes.
Next to the Crown Prince Barracks the Grolmann bastions (Бастион Грольман) can be seen. The fortification now serves primarily as maintenance shops. Further ahead a gas station is built into the original wall, and more examples can be seen until the end of this stretch.
ul. Litovskij Val
ул. Литовский Вал
ADDRESS BEFORE 1946
Bus and tram stop: Coming soon