Северный Вокзал (Nordbahnhof)
At the north side of Victory Square stands the impressive main building of the original North Railway Station. Today it hosts various offices and shops, and the present railway station is to be found behind the original station. From here trains leave for northbound directions as Svetlogorsk and Zelenogradsk, but there is also a connection to the South Railway Station.
The first railway station on the spot was opened in 1885 by the Königsberg-Cranz Railway Company, Königsberg-Cranzer Eisenbahngesellschaft. In 1929 this and other railways merged and the following year the present former main terminal was built. The architectural inspiration is clearly classicistic with the monumental front columns.
ADDRESS BEFORE 1946
Adolf Hitler Platz
Bus and tram stop: Coming soon