Площадь Победы (Siegesplatz, Hansaplatz)
The large Victory Square in central Kaliningrad is formed by combining the original two squares Victory Square (Siegesplatz) as the eastern part and Hansaplatz (for a period Adolf Hitler Platz) as the western.
During the Soviet period the square was the venue of large celebrations as 1 May parades, and centrally a statue of Soviet leader Lenin was placed. Concrete tribunes were part of the squares decoration so VIP spectators could enjoy the parades.
At the city’s 60 year jubilee in 2005 the square was completely renovated and reinstalled with nicely designed flower stands, fountains and a centrally placed column.
ADDRESS BEFORE 1946
Adolf Hitler Platz
Bus and tram stop: Coming soon